I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Another debate on IIMs

This time fees.

Please go visit Amit Varma and then read through the comments on this blog. Falstaff, like he has the habit of doing, is taking on another unsuspecting blogger like he did here.

My thoughts on this are being formed, but I stick to the larger point of Tabloids of India missing any of the larger issues and focusing on misinformed debates instead. Salaries printed are mostly wrong and convoluted (insider view here) and some of the articles written with malafide interest (ISBs beat IIMs, they scream here and here).

1 Comments:

Blogger maverick said...

Agree with the salaries part. I think people who have passed out and have been in the corporate world for sometime, really see through it all. Its pure titillation for the public and for mba-wannabes to talk abt the salaries.

I had chatted up with one of our ex-pgp chairpersons, when i was involved in setting up SEED. He was all for zero-subsidy as long as the institution was not tied to the govt. Money comes from entrance fees, annual fees and consulting fees from projects profs work on. And if you look at it, high fees doesn't stop students from taking a loan. I took one myself (more for the reason that I wanted to pay for my education). Banks are waiting to give you a loan. So all talks about deprived students is just pure bollocks. If you get in, money should be the last thing on your mind, while studying and also when you pass out. Education is the only currency one needs to focus on.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:22:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers